Posted by: Jennifer Gomori Posted date: April 5, 2016
• New three-year agreement expires Dec. 31, 2018.
4% effective Jan. 1, 2016.
3% effective Jan. 1, 2017.
2% effective Jan. 1, 2018.
Corrections Corporals wages shall be based on 110% of the highest pay for Corrections Officers. This is a 5% increase from 105% of the highest pay for Corrections Officers.
• Fringe Benefits: Add two holidays – President’s Day and Martin Luther King Day.
• Health Care: New Employees will be eligible to receive health insurance for their spouse and/or dependents on the next enrollment date after four continuous years of services (a reduction from five years).
• Retirement: Effective Jan. 1, 2016, retirement program benefits for all new full-time and regular part-time Employees shall be MERS 1.25% retirement at age 60 Hybrid Plan. The County will pay the DB cost of the plan while Employees pay up to 3% into the DC plan. The County will match up to 3% into the Employee’s DC plan, unless the total contribution of the County for DB and DC costs exceed 8%. In that case, the County’s contribution into the DC plan will decrease to 0%.
• Bargaining Team: Brian Crittenden and Mari LeCross aided by GELC Labor Rep. Ken Nash.