Posted by: ignite Posted date: November 24, 2015
• New three-year agreement expires Dec. 31, 2017.
1% or a minimum of $500 effective Jan. 1, 2015.
1% effective Jan. 1, 2016.
1% effective Jan. 1, 2017.
• Manning & Safety: Right to Work wording adding to the contract.
• Fringe Benefits: Sick Bank cap for current Employees is 100 days and 75 days for Employees hired after Jan. 1, 2015. After reaching the maximum amount of Sick Days, Employees hired after Jan. 1, 2015 may trade four Sick Days for one Vacation Day, up to three times a year. Five days of Employee’s choice, with authorization of Department Head, will be granted as a Holiday. This is an increase from four days. Airport Employees required to be on call shall be compensated at the rate of $6 per day.
• Health Care: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Simply Blue Health Savings Account Plan with deductibles of $1,300 for singles/$2,600 for two-person or family and 20% co-insurance up to $1,000 for singles/$2,000 for two-persons or family. Prescriptions are $10 generic/$40 formulary/$80 non formulary. Traditional Plus Dental Plan 7 at 100% preventative/75% for restorative/50% oral surgeries, bridges and implants with a total payment of $1,500 for orthodontics. Non-standard Blue Vision covers eye exam, glasses or contacts every 12 months. Employees shall pay 20% of premiums. The Employer will fund 100% of Health Savings Account for the term of this contract.
• Retirement: Current Employees will remain on MERS B-4 Plan. Former U.P. Labor members pay 6.15% by way of payroll deductions. Former AFSCME members pay by payroll deductions 5.4% in 2015; 5.8% in 2016; 6.15% in 2017. These two groups were combined into one unit after the last negotiations. New hires after Jan. 1, 2015 will be on a MERS B-2 Plan and contribute 5% by way of a payroll deduction.
• Bargaining Team: Sue Ellis, Amy Laitila, Travis Barlock and Will Verley aided by POLC Labor Rep. Ken Nash.